Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

GPXXX
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Vic Mini Meet - Sunday 1st Feb

Post by GPXXX »

Date & Time: 2:30pm, 1st Feb 2004
Location: Cnr York / Clarendon St, Sth Melbourne (our new 'Vic HQ' ;))

* Basically just a catch-up with all the regular cruise members for drinks and snacks. Stickers will be handed out on the day (to those who have paid). This would also be an excellent opportunity to discuss about the 'Leap Year' charity cruise on the 29th Feb (as well as other agendas at hand if you have any)

New members are strongly encouraged to attend and meet up with the regulars as we are just as eager to meet new faces! :D

Looking forward to catch up soon! :D

ps: please confirm your attendance by sending me your name & mobile number to my email address (check profile) as well.
Last edited by GPXXX on Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

damn, i leave here on the 26th back to brissie. guess i have to leave it till next time to meet the gang.
sxcfto
Mechanic

rOLL cALL

Post by sxcfto »

hI mIKEY,

Yes I will be there unless something very unexpected should happen.... :?
I think you have all my details.
C U all there!
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

hmmmmm 10mins from CBD, but my shop is only around 5mins from CBD :wink: Maybe in peak hrs traffic! eeheheheh

Anyway i though my shop is going 2 be the new Vic HQ, & theres plenty of parking outside the shop!

Mikey what u think since u been there? & what do the rest of the cruz think? Its in Sth Melbourne, 2mins from Albert Park!!
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Do we get discounts?
LED ALL the things.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Of course, as long as u an active member of the club, u get a discount!!! :D

Now wheres those club membership cards when u need them :?: :?: :?:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Craig
Apprentice

Post by Craig »

hey all
yeh i'll be there
2.30!.. thats so good... :D

Mikey.... if u can hook me up a sticker... just let me know how much i'll owe u, that'll be awesome..
Also i'll bring copy of the workshop manuals on cd for you... also i'll bring few extra copies, so if anyone wants one..came in handy for the tappets i guess...not much else.
I don't want to be paid for them at all!... a cd is only like 80c.. and i'm not going to ask for 80c!
Catch up with u guys soon
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

kev, do we have to pay parking meters outside your shop, or do we get to park under your shop? ;)
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Any reason why we can't do this on the 24th or 25th and show Raven some Victorian hospitality?
Craig
Apprentice

Post by Craig »

24th-25th is still cool
So yeh either way would be sweet...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

GPXXX wrote:kev, do we have to pay parking meters outside your shop, or do we get to park under your shop? ;)

Parking is free on Weekend outside my shop, so u can park as long as u want!!
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

what kinda shop is it?
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Sounds good to me. Count me in!!
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

as much as i would like to go, i dont want dates to change for 1 person, chances are ill have to work and if you changed it someone else might not be able to go. so just make sure someone takes some pics and posts them : ) i be happy with that.
Whats an FTO?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

ok for some reason it posted twice so check the next one!!!
Last edited by FTO338 on Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I think the whole idea of this mini met is to catch up with u Raven, & show u some Victorian hospitality, cause it wasn't in the Vic Calendar before & i don't have a problem with either 24th or 25th either!!
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

its ok, i will more then likely be working anyway, i have seen the sites of melbourne through my fto about 6 months ago for a year. and i got to meet up with craig last night and he took me for a spin locally here.
Whats an FTO?
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Unless you've been in a convoy of 20+ FTOs driving slowly around Albert Park, while everyone else on the road and in the park stops and stares, with their mouths wide open, saying things like "wow" and "what is that?", you haven't been for a cruise in a FTO in Melbourne! :P
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

unfortunately i will be away on the 24th and 25th for the long weekend, but if you guys insist to go on that weekend then I am still happy to organise the meet for you all (ie: bookings etc if required)... Just let me know what you've decided on.

Craig, the stickers are $6 each and comes in 2 parts - a round logo and a URL. I've got your name down for a set and the stickers are in my car so y'all should have 'em when I see you next, whether it be early Feb or late Feb (during the charity cruise).

Timmy, it's a computer shop.

Kev, any nice cafes along Clarendon St (close to our car park) for a drink?

*catches breath* :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Is Clarendon St dude!!! Is like asking me is there any Cafe in Chapel St, so theres plenty!!!!