Mini Meet for Melb F1 GP - who's interested?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

GPXXX
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Mini Meet for Melb F1 GP - who's interested?

Post by GPXXX »

I'll be going on Sat 6th March to watch the practice and qualifying sessions... Just wondering who else here is interested in going so we can attend together... this won't be a club cruise or anything, just a mini gathering of some sort to enjoy the event... (it's also my 1st time to the GP, yay...)

oh and who has a big-arsed TV + surround-sound at home so we can all watch the race on Sunday? hehehe... ;)
Last edited by GPXXX on Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

If you can wait till next year Mikey ill have the projector going in the new house (2500mm diagonal) then we can all party at my place during the grand prix :wink: Unfortunatly the house is being built at the moment and wont be finished until june :cry: But next year,party central!
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

sounds great, can't wait to see it Scracy.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

scracy wrote:If you can wait till next year Mikey ill have the projector going in the new house (2500mm diagonal) then we can all party at my place during the grand prix :wink: Unfortunatly the house is being built at the moment and wont be finished until june :cry: But next year,party central!
By that time we will all have ICE installs with TVs so we willl be able to all watch it in our cars!
LED ALL the things.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

hmmm... I wonder if they make a HUD that is like a full screen projector, that covers your entire windscreen. Talk about WIDE-SCREEN TV in the car, now that would be HUGE! 8O
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

scracy wrote:If you can wait till next year Mikey ill have the projector going in the new house (2500mm diagonal) then we can all party at my place during the grand prix :wink: Unfortunatly the house is being built at the moment and wont be finished until june :cry: But next year,party central!
that's cool, i'm sure there's plenty of room to put the projector TV at Kev's basement car park under his shop ;)

you still drive that ute don't you? hehehe...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hmmmm i'm actually sell projector & LCD TV as well, so i can hook you guys a good deal!!!!

P.S i'm talking about stuff u get from JB Hi-Fi to professional range!!
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Yeah Mikey still drive the ute around during the week, wouldnt need it for the projector though as its not much bigger than a cars head unit in size.It can project a picture upto 7.5m in diameter,how big is kevs carpark? maybe we could have a drive in theatre? Picture quality is good too,kev do you sell DLP type projectors? If so youll know what i mean. :wink:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah Scracy, DLP stand for Digital Light Processing, it was invented by Texus Instrument, & theres only 2 company in the world can produce them atm, & the rest just buy it off these two company.

I only sell DLP projector from 1200 ANSI Lumen brightness, with minimum of 2000:1 contrast ratio. Anything less its just childs play :wink:

And just in case your wondering, i've also got projector feature;

0.8" HD2 (Mustang) DMD chip
Oplus Rembrandt-1 multimedia digital display processor
Silicon Image Sil 504 digital video processor
HDTV ready
DVI/HDCP digital connector
21 video memories for all input sources
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

...and before this thread begin to sound like a fruit n' veg sale at Vic market (:P), who's gonna supply the grog?? ;)
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Sounds sweet Kev, I bought a DELL 3200mp which is 1300 lumens, and a contrast ratio 1800:1,full hdtv compatability,DLP single chip DDR, cost me $4000 at the time best value for money i could find. Brilliant picture too with a decent screen.Who actually makes the DLP projectors kev?
JagerMarty
Apprentice

Post by JagerMarty »

We'll be @ the GP saturday and sunday, will spend most of our time on the last corner before the pit entrance 8)
bigarse TV? will be happy watching the video tape on the 82cm Grundig widescreen :wink:
For those who havn't been before it is a grouse day, great seeing the V8 supercars bang it round AlbertPark too :twisted:
fuhrer
Apprentice

F1

Post by fuhrer »

hey guys how r we all?? well getting away from the topic a little and i know u dont what this thread as a mini ebay... but i have 2 grand stand tickets in the sena stand for sale, it includes pit straight walk on saturday and all 4 days r included in the senna... not urgent but getting urgent as i cant attend the big day... so if anyone is intrested please let me know...
thanks guys...

THE FUHRER...
THE FUHRER
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Id love to come along with you guys, but I cant because I will working as a flag marshal at the event for 4 days. Its by far, the best event of the year for me!!
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

how do you get that job? 8O
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

DZYRME wrote:Id love to come along with you guys, but I cant because I will working as a flag marshal at the event for 4 days. Its by far, the best event of the year for me!!
dude, ya wanna take turns?? hehehe... ;)
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

ruchi wrote:how do you get that job? 8O
Well it takes a while to get to be a flag marshal at the Grand Prix, but you have to participate in small events like, CAMS licence days, V8 Supercars, Victorian Motor Racing Championships etc. You have to learn all the rules of flag marshalling, and over time you get to go to events like Indy, F1 etc. To join up, you just ring up CAMS, and they will advise you what to do, if you want to become a member. Flagmarshalling is purely voluntary, and you get no money whatsoever, but you do get free entry, and things like pit walks etc. Once you get to do the F1 the first time, you are automatically in forever. At the start, I was a spectator control marshal, and this is the first year I will be a Flag marshal. I have been doing this for 5 years now! When I started it, I was going to events almost twice a month, but now because of work, I can only attend the F1.

And Mikey, I'll take turns with you for a very small fee!!! :lol:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

errrr, can you define 'small fee'?? ;)
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Well seeing that the best seat on the circuit is over $1000 for 4 days, and considering that I am actually standing track side, which is better than the best seat, I think $2000 should cover it.... But Im willing to negotiate around the ummm $1500 mark :lol:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

well, shall we arrange a meeting place for this, say at Kev's Chop Shop? ;):P