Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

umm
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Lambo door Conversion....YOU WANT IT? Now $950 for 10 buyers

Post by umm »

How bout putting your $900grant towards a set of scissor doors :D

The kits will include everything you need to get your doors going up.
Including:
2 Hinges Fully Assembled (All parts constructed and assembled in Australia)
2 Gas Struts (Made in Australia)
All mounting equipment
Wiring Covers, Rubber Grommets and Covers
Full installation instructions with diagrams
And replacement side repeaters (indicators) that plug into the original socket.

For individual sets $2800
For 5 buyers or more $2500
For 10 Buyers or more $2200
For 15 buyers or more $2000
For 20 buyers or more $1900

or

How many people would be interested in a kit to make the lanbo hinges for $1500 and going down to $950 for 10 buyers.

The kit would include everything you need to make the hinges.
All Laser cut parts
All bolts
Bearings
Wire covers
Steel rod
Gas struts
And complete instructions to assemble and install them.

To finish them you’d need to drill and tap all the holes, grind a few parts, weld them together and there is a little bit of machining to be done(if the machining is a problem for people i can provide already machined parts for an extra $100).

I feel this would be a good deal for those people with welding skills or friends who will do cheap or free labour.
Last edited by umm on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Female Turner On-erer
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Jerome your back :D Mate car looks f**ken sweet bro. Love those tidy as ;)

Now how much you looking for the lambo conversion? You know im gonna wanna pick your brain on this :D
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

Lol yea i hate the colour not matching and the crack. Hoping to do a respray at the end of the year...the colour does match on most angles but... :?

I'll have to get better pics.

Dunno bout the price yet...they are a pain in the arse.

Heres aftershock's attempt
http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... s&start=20

and Simon can tell you about how fun it all is.

Have a bit of damage on my car from the development process and ended up stripping the bolts in my door after taking them on and off 100 times. Plus a big box of about 10 different versions and then there were a whole heap of cutting and welding changes i done on each to get the final ones...and thats even with getting it lifting on the first version ;)

All good now but. I put the other side on with no damage. And i have had them completed for a few months now. Its funny how many ppl do the whole point then nudge the person next to them to look :lol:
Female Turner On-erer
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

Iok i will repost.

mate if you make a kit i can just put into the car and make it work i will defently buy it mate.

this meaning that the set you have now that are working fine copy them mate. You might have made the kit that will finally work perfectly mate.

did you have to modify the side fenders.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

nvr2low wrote:ok mate make a kit and i will buy it mate. if you make the kit of the one that has worked for you mate i will defently buy. also a instruction book would be good mate.

did you have to do much to the side gaurds mate.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

nvr2low wrote:Iok i will repost.

mate if you make a kit i can just put into the car and make it work i will defently buy it mate.

this meaning that the set you have now that are working fine copy them mate. You might have made the kit that will finally work perfectly mate.

did you have to modify the side fenders.
:facepalm: f**k me stop posting so fast :lol: I can only work on one thread at a time :lol:
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

That is a sweet looking car 8O
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

haha sorry man i wil slow down mate
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

Thanks for the new topic simon.

I made a few jigs to make more sets the same as mine and i'll test them on my car to make sure they are right. I'm halfway through making proper installation instructions with full diagrams and step by step instructions.

They fit in the original hinge mounting points so they can be installed without changing anything except cutting the inside of the fender a small amount for clearance.
You just have to cut in where the arrow is then fold it back by hand. I bent a bit too much back but you can't see it anyway and the car can be returned to normal if you need to.
Female Turner On-erer
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

ok mate so i understand you had to do little change on the fender only a tiny bit is this correct. was this jsut a total bolt on project mate if so make the first one and i will buy it for you.
how much ???
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Well done mate. Car looks awesome, I haven't seen it in years!
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

wow thats your car :oops: 8O

i mean the colour of that front bar is spot on! :D
aftershock
Apprentice

Post by aftershock »

good work,they look awesome!
i attempted the conversion last year but gave up after many a hour trying to fine tune them,couldn't get past the strut rubbing on the fender.

makes me wanna give it another go now!
just bought myself a CNC machine so making them wont be a problem.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Car looks nice, nice choice of rims ;)
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

wow, i wish i had one of my own

how much did it set you back?
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

will these still be for around the same price? $1200 mark?
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

If that is right micheal mate i am stashing money away, if these are going to be a bolt on modification and will be easy and you can do it yourself count me in.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah i had the same problem with the strut rubbing on the inside of the fender, to name one of the problems.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Yep, I'll be in for one of these.

When's the group buy start :lol:

Do you have a front on shot to see how far from the body the doors protrude when open?
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Wtf? $1200?

The cheapest I'd heard of before were for $2000-2500, which would need to be replaced every few years cos they're obviously not the best quality ones you could get (which cost about as much as an FTO).
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.